Family Medicine residents are required to be members of the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians (ACOFP). There are no dues for residents in the ACOFP.
- Food – Residents receive an allotment of $6 per meal for a total of three (3) meals per day.
- Lab Coats – Coats will be purchased by the GME office for all trainees. Each Resident is entitled to 2 new lab coats for each year of training.
- License Fees – Lower Bucks Hospital will pay for the required OT training license. A Osteopathic Training License (OT) is a requirement of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, even if you hold a Permanent License (OS). All new trainees will receive an application for an OT license when they receive their contract. If you have not received an application please contact the GME office immediately.
- National Boards Part III (COMLEX) Lower Bucks Hospital will pay for the initial Exam only. The NBOME implemented an electronic on-line registration for all COMLEX USA exams. All residents must use this system to register, make payment, schedule, cancel and withdraw from the examination. Residents must contact the GME Office to confirm the date of the scheduled test in order to maintain hospital service coverage and to avoid conflicting dates with other trainees. Reimbursement will be made after your receipt of payment is provided to the GME Office.
- Parking – Parking provisions have been made for all trainees while on the Lower Bucks campus for academic programs. If you are on rotation at other hospitals, you must inquire at that location for the parking arrangements.
- Salary – 2018-19 Training year:
- PGY-1 $49,398
- PGY-2 $51,720